Milford Sound (Day Trip)
Travel in style and comfort to Milford Sound – No need for long coach rides or awkward schedules
Milford Sound/Piopiotahi is a fiord in the south west of New Zealand‘s South Island within Fiordland National Park, Piopiotahi (Milford Sound) Marine Reserve, and the Te Wahipounamu World Heritage site. It has been judged the world’s top travel destination and is acclaimed as New Zealand’s most famous tourist attraction.
Milford Sound runs 15 kilometers inland from the Tasman Sea at Dale Point (also named after a location close to Milford Haven in Wales)—the mouth of the fiord—and is surrounded by sheer rock faces that rise 1,200 meters (3,900 ft) or more on either side. Among the peaks are The Elephant at 1,517 meters (4,977 ft), said to resemble an elephant’s head, and The Lion, 1,302 meters (4,272 ft), in the shape of a crouching lion.
Day Tour Schedule
- Collection at 8 am approx.
- Transfer to Te Anau township 2 hours (short break – coffee – snack – toilet) 30 min
- Transfer from Te Anau to Milford Sound 2 hours travel past snowy mountaintops, along glacier valleys and through the Homer Tunnel, with plenty of opportunities to stop and take photos along the way at scenic highlights like the Mirror Lakes, Monkey Creek and the Chasm
- Arrive in Milford Sound 12 noon approx – Check in to Milford Cruise company
- 2 hours Milford Cruise
- 3 pm Depart Milford Sound – Queenstown – transport back to your hotel
- 7:30 pm approx arrive Queenstown
Milford Sound is a once in a life time opportunity and not to be missed whilst in Queenstown, Using DRIVER you will arrive in comfort and style. We look forward to you experiencing one of the most magical places in the world.